What happens before a new Wichita dentist joins Smart Teeth™?
Here at Smart Teeth, our teams don’t just shape smiles – they shape the lives of families every single day. Working at Smart Teeth requires compassion, having fun, and being proud of what you do.
These important traits are what we look for in a dentist to make a difference in the lives of Wichita families.
But before we select a new Smart Teeth™ dentist to serve our customers in Wichita and Sedgwick County, there’s a lot more to consider. So, we thought you’d be interested to see the rigorous dental standards we’ve set – that set our dentists apart from other Wichita dentists’ offices:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- The Dentist is responsible for providing high-quality dental care to our patients.
- Ensure the dental office delivers quality and compassionate dental care to every patient
- Provide leadership and direction to dental assistants and dental hygienists in all areas of patient treatment
- Diagnose dental conditions and plan oral health care in consultation with patients
- Ensure treatment plan is reviewed with each parent and informed consent is granted for treatments rendered
- Provide great customer service by offering same day care and ensuring parent / patient satisfaction
- Educate patients and parents about improving oral health care
- Appropriately administer dental anesthesia to limit the amount of pain experienced by patients during procedures
- Effectively and safely administer behavior management techniques to enable delivery of dental care to pre-cooperative and uncooperative children
- Perform appropriate percentage of office hygiene checks and develop treatment plans for patients consistent with the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Guidelines
- Repair decayed and broken teeth by placement of various restoration techniques and materials and when necessary, extract teeth
- Refer patients to dental specialists for further treatment, when appropriate
- Adhere to all federal and government regulations, including the state dental board rules and regulations, HIPPA and OSHA regulations
- Adhere to Smart Teeth Quality Assurance Metrics as indicated in the New Dentist Orientation Manual
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure training and development of staff by identifying training needs and establishing initiatives to meet company/individual objectives
- Conduct behavior in a manner that is professional and courteous to all patients, parents, and office staff at all times
- Consistently portray a positive working attitude that fosters a pleasant work environment
- Participate in local community affairs and events to include school screenings, board member meetings and any opportunity to promote a positive image of Smart Teeth
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed
Education, Training and/or Experience
DDS/DMD from a dental education program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Compassion and high level of service for our patients, parents and staff
- Integrity, always doing the right thing
- Team building skills; organizational and staff development skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to organize work and engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously
- High degree of initiative, accountability and independent judgment
- Professional manner and appearance at all times
- Computer skills: computer literate
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- A current, valid license to practice dentistry in the state where providing patient care (License must be in good standing)
- Malpractice insurance (in place before start date)
- CPR Certification (current before start date)
- NPI provider number (in place before start date)
- DEA number (application submitted before start date)
Other certifications as required by the state
Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with patients, their parents, and staff. Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds and be able to twist, turn, bend and stoop.
Majority of work performed in a clinical environment. Requires availability for extended hours during peak patient periods. Hours may change to meet the business needs.
Smart Teeth Dentists find inspiration, challenge, and reward every day at their job. We invite you to visit a Smart Teeth™ location near you and enjoy new, affordable dentistry in Wichita for yourself!